Five Year Surgiversary

Patricia R.
on 8/29/11 3:00 am - Perry, MI
In all of the excitement of being without electricity most of yesterday, I forgot to post that it was my 5 year surgiversary.  It has not been an ideal journey, due to some unhealthy choices I made for a couple of years, but I am getting myself back on track.

My life has improved considerably because of losing most of my excess weight.  My goal for this year is to get back on track with my food.  I go to Overeaters Anonymous meetings now.  It helps me to work a program like my AA program. 

I have my appointment with Dr. Marymor scheduled for next week. 

One of the best choices I made was getting involved in Obesity Help.  The online friends and support here on the PA board, and on the Over Fifty board is terrific.  I am truly blessed.

Thanks for being here during my journey. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

spirit56
on 8/29/11 5:39 am - Philadelphia, PA
Happy Surgiversary Trish

You have been an inspiration to me because you keep on coming back irregardless of the slips you might have.  Being a little more than 2 years out, I can see the difficulty of continuing to be faithful to OH and Barix.  It was really exciting initially because of all the compliments.  As I have often stated - the second year was a lot more difficult.  I certainly learned a lot about myself and now I am trying to live my life as a healthy person.  Like you I have good days and not so good ones.  I try and read on here everyday but am not a frequent poster.  Don't know what my life will be like in 3 more years but I hope I continue to be aware of the process and not just the end result.  May this year be one of heath (especially physically for you) and peace.  Thank you for your presence on this board.  Take care.

Donna
jackie j
on 8/29/11 5:51 am - Glenmoore, PA
Happy 5th Trish!!   It's been a pleasure to know you.   You've persisted through much and always come up smiling eventually.   Like the rest of us that are further out now we know the journey never ends, being persistent is key.   Congrats and have a healthy year pursuing your next goals. 

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 8/29/11 6:27 am
Congrats on 5 years!!!

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

kreavis1979
on 8/29/11 9:08 am - PA
Trish -

I appreciate your honesty and transparency when it comes to the board and life in general. I have gotten to know you not just from the board, but the love we also share of the Lord, the people of Langhorne and the Phillies. I am proud to call you my sister and wish you a year of continued success and healing. And once Katelyn is born, anytime you are missing your munchkins too much you are more than welcome to steal a snuggle.

Love you,
Katie
Sara E.
on 8/29/11 11:45 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Happy Surgiversary Trish!!!!!

bvohl
on 8/29/11 12:38 pm
Happy Surgiversary Trish!!!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

sandy L.
on 8/29/11 1:44 pm - Altoona, PA
 Happy Surgiversary!  

IdaMae D.
on 9/1/11 9:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Happy Surgiversary Trish!!!

You are an amazing source of support for those of us that have come after you.  Your honesty in this journey and about your journey is amazing.  Your openness to share you struggles and your successes,  are an inspiration to me and I thank you for being a part of my life....

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views